Founded in 1985, Gold Coast Yachts Inc. (GCY) is a manufacturer of composite multi-hull vessels which include commercial sailing catamarans, custom sailing catamaran yachts, wave piercing power catamarans and displacement power catamarans.
GCY is also the patent holder for the wave-piercing hull shape of the vessels, and the first company in the Caribbean to utilize resin infusion processes for hull and component construction.
William D. Roebuck Industrial Park Frederiksted, St. Croix, USVI
Number of Employees:
34 full-time employees
- Being located on St Croix in the US Virgin Islands, GCY has been able to design, develop and test ocean going catamarans on a year round basis. This has enabled GCY to become a global leader in performance catamarans with the most sophisticated safety measures and deck layouts. These developments have also integrated into commercial and cruising yachts worldwide.
- GCY has industry-recognized training programs based in the USVI.
- GCY aggressively pursued fuel efficiency and passenger comfort through optimization of hull shapes and utilizing carbon fiber to reduce structure weight.
- Economic development incentives in the USVI, allow Gold Coast Yachts to compete internationally. Other VIEDA assets and programs also provide a foundation for their continued success.
- Access to quality/cost-effective manufacturing & warehouse space, proximity to the airport, and qualified, dedicated, and hardworking employees; a very robust tax incentive program, and the US system of laws and currency.