Economic Development Strategy
- 2018 Urban Land Institute (ULI) Advisory Services Panel Report - Christiansted
- US Virgin Islands 2015 Comprehensive Economic Development Strategy
Economic Impact Analysis Report
Targeted Competitive Industry Study
- 2014 Targeted Competitive Industry Study for the Government of the US Virgin Islands
- 2014 Targeted Competitive Industry Study for the Government of the US Virgin Islands - Appendix
United States Economic Data
The U.S. Bureau of Economic Analysis is “your source of accurate and objective data about the nation's economy.” Visit their website of the U.S. Department of Commerce, Bureau of Economic Analysis (BEA) at https://www.bea.gov/.
U.S Energy Information Administration (EIA)
The U.S. Energy Information Administration (EIA) collects, analyzes, and disseminates independent and impartial energy information to promote sound policymaking, efficient markets, and public understanding of energy and its interaction with the economy and the environment. For information, visit https://www.eia.gov.
For the U.S. Virgin Islands Territorial Energy Profile, visit
U.S. Census Bureau
The U.S. Census counts every resident in the United States. It is mandated by Article I, Section 2 of the Constitution and takes place every 10 years. Learn more at
U.S. Virgin Islands Census
- To learn about updates concerning the U.S. Virgin Islands, visit https://www.census.gov/programs-surveys/economic-census/about/island-areas/vi.html.
- For the 2010 Census Population Counts for the U.S. Virgin Islands, visithttp://www.census.gov/2010census/news/releases/operations/cb11-cn180.html
- For Foreign Trade Statistics on State Imports for the U.S. Virgin Islands, visit http://www.census.gov/foreign-trade/statistics/state/data/imports/vi.html
Please see the links below to presentations as of August 2018 on information and statistics from the following USVI agencies. Links to the agency websites are also provided below:
- Virgin Islands Bureau of Internal Revenue (BIR) Presentation
For more information from the VIBIR, visit their website at http://bir.vi.gov/
- Virgin Islands Department of Labor (DOL) Presentation
For information on the labor market, visit https://www.vidolviews.org/vosnet/Default.aspx
- Virgin Islands Department of Environmental Protection Agency (VIEPA) Presentation
For more information from the VIDOEP, visit their website at https://www.epa.gov/vi
- Virgin Islands Department of Human Services (DHS) – Economic Development Jobs Presentation
For more information from the VIDHS, visit their website at http://www.dhs.gov.vi/home/index.html
- Virgin Islands Department of Licensing and Consumer Affairs (DLCA) Presentation
For more information from the VIDLCA, visit their website at http://dlca.vi.gov/.
- University of the Virgin Islands Workforce Development Presentation
For other information from UVI, visit their website at https://www.uvi.edu/.
- U.S. Customs and Border Protection (USCBP) – Agency Trade Programs Presentation
For more information from the USCBP regarding the U.S. Virgin Islands, visit their website at https://www.cbp.gov/contact/ports/charlotte-amalie-area-port-st-thomas-virgin-islands-5101
VIEDA Town Hall Meetings Territory-wide – January 29-30, 2020
Please see the links below to Powerpoint presentations on VIEDA programs and services as of January 30, 2020 for VIEDA Town Hall Meetings.