A Program Sanctioned By the U.S. Government
The Economic Development Commission (EDC) offers a unique and attractive tax incentive program for companies located in the USVI. This is a competitive offshore tax benefit program that is sanctioned by the U.S. Government. Below are some of the benefits your business can reap if eligible for the EDC program:
- 90% reduction in corporate income tax
- 90% reduction in personal income tax
- 100% exemption on gross receipt tax
- 100% exemption on business property tax
- 100% exemption on excise tax payments
- Reduction in the customs duty from the standard 6% to 1%
Learn more about the EDC program where you can find additional information on eligibility, benefits and how they work and the application process.
You may also contact the EDC at 340-714-1700 on St. Thomas or at 340-773-6499 on St. Croix.
Click here to begin the EDC program application.
Click here for a list of current EDC beneficiaries.