Founded in 1985, Gold Coast Yachts Inc. (GCY) is a manufacturer of composite multi-hull vessels which include commercial sailing catamarans, custom sailing catamaran yachts, wave piercing power catamarans and displacement power catamarans.
GCY is also the patent holder for the wave-piercing hull shape of the vessels, and the first company in the Caribbean to utilize resin infusion processes for hull and component construction.
- Being located on St Croix in the US Virgin Islands, GCY has been able to design, develop and test ocean going catamarans on a year round basis. This has enabled GCY to become a global leader in performance catamarans with the most sophisticated safety measures and deck layouts. These developments have also integrated into commercial and cruising yachts worldwide.
- GCY has industry-recognized training programs based in the USVI.
- GCY aggressively pursued fuel efficiency and passenger comfort through optimization of hull shapes and utilizing carbon fiber to reduce structure weight.
- Economic development incentives in the USVI, allow Gold Coast Yachts to compete internationally. Other VIEDA assets and programs also provide a foundation for their continued success.
- Access to quality/cost-effective manufacturing & warehouse space, proximity to the airport, and qualified, dedicated, and hardworking employees; a very robust tax incentive program, and the US system of laws and currency.