The Chief Operating Officer is a new executive opportunity. This at-will position will report to the Chief Executive Officer and be a key member of the Senior Management Team. The United States Virgin Islands Economic Development Authority is committed to continuous improvement in its internal operations and external engagements. This position will oversee human resources operations, the Economic Development Bank, and the Economic Development Park. It will manage strategic partnerships with small business development stakeholders. It will also influence a long-term vision for the Territory’s economy. This executive will lead a team of fourteen (14) full-time employees and manage a $1.8 million budget.
The key responsibilities of this executive position include the following:
- Lead organizational strategic planning and financial self-sufficiency efforts
- Oversee employee professional development and performance evaluation
- Pursue IEDC economic development organization accreditation
- Pursue federal government economic development district designation
- Oversee small business financing and economic development park operations
- Launch a venture capital financing program
- Manage strategic partnerships with small business development entities
- Provide advice and guidance on a long-term vision for the Territory’s economy
- Cultivate enduring relationships with diverse stakeholders in the Territory
- Investigate grant sources and oversee preparation and submittal of applications
- Coach personnel, administer budgets, and drive operational efficiency
Education: A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university is required. A Master’s degree in business administration or a related field is preferred.
Experience: This position requires a minimum of five (5) years of operations, commercial banking, or economic development experience. Candidates must have a proven record of achievement.
Certifications: An Institute for Organization Management (IOM), Certified Economic Developer (CEcD), or the Economic Development Finance Professional (EDFP) designation is preferred.
Selection: The Chief Executive Officer will select the most qualified candidate that best suits the needs of the United States Virgin Islands Economic Development Authority based on education, experience, accomplishments, interviews, and background screening.
The successful candidate will receive a competitive salary and benefits package.
See files below.
The Chief Executive Officer will select the most qualified candidate that best suits the needs of the United States Virgin Islands Economic Development Authority based on education, experience, accomplishments, interviews, and background screening.