The Chief International Officer is a new executive opportunity. This at-will position will report to the Chief Executive Officer and be a key member of the Senior Management Team. The United States Virgin Islands Economic Development Authority is deepening its focus on business development, capital investment, brand enhancement, and community redevelopment. This new position will launch an international trade and investment promotion program, oversee the Marketing Department and Enterprise Zone Commission, and influence a long-term vision for the Territory’s economy. This executive will lead a team of seven (7) full-time employees and manage a $1.3 million budget.
The key responsibilities of this executive position include the following:
- Design and implement an international trade and investment strategy
- Generate new export activity and attract new foreign direct investment
- Develop export promotion programs and organize trade missions
- Oversee a global marketing campaign enhancing the Territory’s business brand
- Develop “pitch books” and market projects in international “road shows”
- Oversee development and deployment of neighborhood revitalization plans
- Provide advice and guidance on a long-term vision for the Territory’s economy
- Cultivate enduring relationships with diverse stakeholders in the Territory
- Establish and manage strong relationships with key U.S. Government agencies
- Investigate grant sources and oversee preparation and submittal of applications Coach personnel, administer budgets, and drive operational efficiency
Education: A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university is required. A Master’s degree in international affairs, public administration, business administration, or a related field is preferred.
Experience: This position requires a minimum of five (5) years of international economic development or international business experience. Candidates must have a proven record of achievement.
Language: Proficiency in either Spanish, French, German, Portuguese, Arabic, or Chinese (Mandarin or Cantonese) is preferred.
The successful candidate will receive a competitive salary and benefits package.
See files below.
The Chief Executive Officer will select the most qualified candidate that best suits the needs of the United States Virgin Islands Economic Development Authority based on education, experience, accomplishments, interviews, and background screening.